Fellowships & Grants
- The Word's Editor-Writer Mentorship Mentee in Memoir (2022)
- Writers’ Trust of Canada Mentee in Nonfiction (2022)
- Digital Original Grant from the Canada Council for the Arts to create a new work for digital dissemination (2020)
- Voices of Color Fellow at the Martha's Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing (2019)
- James Houston Memorial Scholar at The Community of Writers at Squaw Valley (2019)
- Notable mention in Best American Essays 2021 for "Room Service Economics: Seven Principles," published in Bat City Review.
- Notable mention in Best American Essays 2020 for "Bone Memories," published in The Threepenny Review (print only)
- Pushcart and Best of the Net nomination for "Steps to Becoming Fine: As Lived By My Mother," published by Hippocampus.
- Pushcart nomination for "Pro-Choice Stories: New World Economics," published in Jellyfish Review.
- Featured in CBC's coverage of the 3 mentees selected by the Writers' Trust of Canada for its 2022 mentorship program.
- Interview for North Carolina Public Radio's "Embodied" podcast on how estrangement and the immigrant experience in America intersect
- Interview for Carve Magazine on my essay "Patience and Me" (in print only)